1150 County Road 4
Oxford, New York 13830
[ Directions ]
Telephone Inquiries: 607.334.9428
Administrator: Teresa Monroe-Werner
Assistant Administrator: Cindy Brown
Welcome to Preston Manor
"Personalized Care in a Home-like Atmosphere"
Preston Manor is a New York State licensed home for adults operated by the Chenango County Department of Social Services. Preston Manor is located in a country setting, seven miles west of Norwich and Oxford, New York on County Road 4.
Dedication to Personalized Care
We are devoted to the care of people and provide personalized care in a home-like atmosphere to each individual. Preston Manor can accommodate 48 residents who are ambulatory and do not require nursing care, but who may require assistance or supervision. Rooms are private or semi-private located on two floors with no elevator.
Preston Manor provides a safe, secure home with a dedicated and caring staff offering a wide range of services:
- Personal care, assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming
- Housekeeping, laundry services, barber and beautician services, and social activities
- Transportation to medical appointments, shopping, and community events
- Three nutritious home cooked meals and snacks tailored to each person's dietary needs are served each day
- Emergency personnel are nearby and a hospital and physicians are 7 miles away
- Religious services on site
- Pet therapy
- Medication assistance
- Public transportation for those able to come and go independently
Although rooms are furnished, residents are welcome to bring appropriate personal furnishings.
Residents are encouraged to take part in activities and community events. Preston Manor offers an activities program.
Resident Council is held monthly to discuss and plan activities, menus, to voice concerns, and to make suggestions for improvements.
Resident Council also helps to ensure that policies, procedures, and activities meet the needs of those who live here.
If you can no longer live alone or do not wish to live alone, we invite you to consider Preston Manor.
We invite you to call, come and meet our staff and tour the facility. Visitors as well as family and friends of residents are always welcome.
For further information or an appointment, call 607.334.9428 or write:
Teresa Monroe-Werner, Administrator
1150 County Rd 4
Oxford, NY 13830